Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sponsor my ride, donate to a good cause

As a lot of you all know, I've been riding my bicycle from Sydney to Melbourne. That's around 1000 kms. For my non-Aussie friends, that's about the same distance as London to Berlin.

My ride is coming to an end tomorrow (Friday) when I arrive in Melbourne. It's been a tough slog - especially Thredbo! - but I've had a ball, met some great people and seen a fantastic slice of this great country. Just scroll down if you want to read previous days.

I've also been using this trip as a way of supporting a very good cause: Cancer medical research and the ACRF (Australian Cancer Research Foundation). They've been partly responsible for developments in the treatment of leukaemia and helped fund the Australian-invented cervical cancer vaccine. I've donated $100. I know it's coming up to Christmas but if you can spare anything, it would be going to a very good cause:

http://www.acrf.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment