Friday, November 27, 2009

Day One - Sydney to Wollongong

Distance: 59.52 km
Riding time: 2:55:08
Average speed: 20.3 km/h
Maximum speed: 44.2 km/h
Bum soreness: 3/10

Today was a measly 60 km and will probably turn out to be the shortest day on the whole trip. Just as well too as it took my until 2pm to get ready to leave Surry Hills. I left Surry Hills with a heavy heart (and panniers!). I've loved living in Sydney for two years but I'm also looking forward to coming home to Melbourne.

Within the first kilometer my panniers had come completely off. Note to self: be careful of bumps at speed. Otherwise it was a good, sunny day and I made reasonable time to Wollongong. I stopped at the beautiful Stanwell Tops for some pics. I loved the coastal road leading into the 'Gong. A feat of engineering with a beautiful view.

I stayed with the wonderful Catherine and dinner with her awesome (and hilarious!) housemate and uni friend.



It was a pretty uneventful run until I got to the picturesque Stanwell Tops. Some great views to be had down to the coast.





Me, pretty happy with my progress so far.



A beautiful little cottage on the coast.



My wonderful hosts in Wollongong and their fantastic view.

No comments:

Post a Comment